View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 17:41   #8
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thassos View Post
The mount you mentioned thats split, is this the drivers side one, worth taking a look at the one under the battery tray (fairly easy to change also), have you had a look under the car at the one at the back of the gearbox (has a larger vertical bolt into subframe i think), post some pics of what you have there 😀
Forgot to take pics as was all a rush this morning, ended up sorting today rather than Friday... Well it fixed the car!! the main culpret was the torque mount. The RHS hydraulic mount was stuffed but other than leaking didn't look so bad. the LHS mount under battery looked in good shape but on one edge had what looked like a 'split'... looking more closely it was a manufacture defect, a thin void in the rubber mould. The tourqe mount looked fine but was so floppy you could get huge deflection just with your hand!. The replacement was a slightly different design with extra rubber on all interior sides of the mount...

Let this be a lesson. Failing mounts on this P1 platform can manifest in all sorts of unusual vibration. Mine was 'diagnosed' as a faulty DMF. From my own research I ignored this and went for mounts. Saved myself best part of £800!!!
lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lockstock For This Useful Post: