View Single Post
Old Nov 5th, 2019, 08:45   #324
TomSaintJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
Congratulations on the pass.While I generally try to give my cars the best chance of a straight pass I always figured anything sub £100 makes it a cheap years motoring.
I was worried about rust (a perpetual concern!), brakes and front tyres, but all was well thankfully. Yes, a years ticket for <£100 is a very good outcome!

Just one MOT test charge thankkfully, or I might have had to have words! Thanks Dave, glad to know it's running well as far as the emissions are concerned - that supports the Penta engine plan next year rather than a complete engine swap - i'm firmly hoping that is still on the cards.

I'll take it to a tyre shop on Saturday morning to get all the wheels balanced, that is the next most irritating issue. The prop/gearbox output is still whining but we're kind of used to that now!

It's due a service too, we've had it 18 months now and although only 3500 miles have been coverted and the PO changed the oil before we bought it, i'll change the oil when I can as I'd rather be certain the oil is good. There was an BOGOF offer on Castrol's Magnatec when I serviced the Kia in September, so bought oil and filter for the hearse back then.

We are off to France next July, to the Le Mans classic and may go camping in the Hearse or at least go in the Bitroen BX GT if not. The Auto****e forum are having an event near Le Mans for the duration of the classic event which i'd like to attend. For my 30th birthday present, my OH bought me tickets to a see my favourite singer in a concert of Luigi Rossi's work in the Versaille palace's royal opera house, on the same weekend as the Le Mans classic and Auto****e event, so it was obviously meant to be! I'm quite excited!
1991 Saab 900i 2.0 16v Convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Last edited by TomSaintJames; Nov 5th, 2019 at 08:48.
TomSaintJames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomSaintJames For This Useful Post: