View Single Post
Old Sep 30th, 2021, 18:29   #36
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
I would have been amazed if it had landed today! After 5pm is after the end of the working day for most people so the first working day for despatch is today - that means you should get it tomorrow.
Going off topic-
Working for a major parcel carrier, I can't speak for Royal Mail but suspect they are similar, we do collections from clients well into the evening, key question would be how close to the sorting hub and how far to the delivery, Aberdeen to Cornwall isn't going to work but Northampton or London to Oxford would be OK from 7pm order to before 9am delivery. Trouble I've found with ebay is the item location may be given as Northampton or London but it is really still in China and the English location is the import handling service they use to post it in UK by Royal Mail (or whoever), I ordered a window switch supposedly UK stock but it was about a week from when it was 'dispatched' until the tracking number showed it had arrived at the carrier, rechecking at the bottom of the ebay listing the business seller address was China

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveNP For This Useful Post: