View Single Post
Old Feb 29th, 2016, 22:14   #23
Thrustyjust

Well, I gave up with trading standards. They wanted me to go back to the dealer we got the car from. But I wouldn't put a foot back in Snows in Basingstokes front door unless I carried a gallon of Shells finest and a box of Swan Vestas, after I was sold a sub standard car by them with worn out brakes and other issues. Selekt means nothing, so don't believe seeing that on a Volvo forecourt you get a decent car. So, I told T.S to forget it.
We have the car booked in to have the windscreen removed next week. Currently, I have more pressing things with my mothers health and the need to get a safe and working vehicle to transport her to get her radiotherapy following her operation. So, shame on Volvo, to be honest. To allow potentially hundreds of cars to be out in the world with a major defect of the windscreen being loose and unsealed from the roof. Shame Volvo has not wanted to agree with everyone in the car world and even windscreen fitters that this is their problem that needs resolving and accepting the responsibility of the screen should it break.
From speaking to our local dealer, we have agreed the date for the works and have said to them that to try your best to save the screen and that it will have to carry on fitting this if it does break. We said it isn't their fault Volvo UK are total inconsiderate to peoples safety , especially in a car which has such glowing passenger protection, they fall flat on owners and keep their bank balance up. I guess they need lots of money for the stalling D5's now anyway.
Thrustyjust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thrustyjust For This Useful Post: