View Single Post
Old Mar 2nd, 2016, 22:46   #29
bullstiff

I'm not jumping to conclusions I'm making an observation. You regularly state that Volvo this and Volvo that but it appears you are talking about the dealership
The dealership are not Volvo they are an independent company who supply Volvo related services, they will not want to pay for the screen as it is Volvo the company who are responsible I'm pretty sure your insurance company won't cover your screen if the dealership breaks it, though it's worth checking. Ours stated it had to be accidentally damaged and breaking it on removal wasn't considered accidental.
Many Volvo dealerships will use the likes of autoglass and from a discussion with one of their techs I was told they never remove and refit screens they always fit new. I'm not entirely convinced this is true but I'm not in the trade so don't know.
I find it incredibly difficult to understand why my own example and two others I know of personally have had their car screens sorted free of charge at dealers authorised by Volvo uk and you are having so much difficulty. We had no success when discussing our screen issues with the dealers but within a week of emailing Volvo uk our car was sorted as were the two others this leads me to believe that Volvo uk will take your concerns seriously eve if the dealerships won't play ball.
I apologise for offending you, having re read my responses I can see I was less than hospitable. Regards
bullstiff is offline   Reply With Quote