Thread: Starting issues
View Single Post
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 23:07   #1
Lauriem
Lauriemills

Default Starting issues

I bought a 2010 D5 xc90 recently, I paid well below market price as it had engine service, engine system service, and service due now messages, but it started perfectly and ran well, albeit often in limp mode and the handbrake was faulty.

I put in in my local Indy garage and a full service was done (oil, air, fuel filters etc) and the handbrake sorted. No real detective work was done on the service messages but when the car came back it had a starting issue whereby it starts reluctantly when cold, perfectly when hot, and very reluctantly when lukewarm. I have had the Service Message issues sorted (a set of DPF sensors, plus a cam and crankshaft sensor) and all messages are off, but the car still won’t start reliably. I have also fitted a new battery. The car will turn over fine, and will fire but not run for several turns, but will eventually start and then runs perfectly.

I have read that an air leak on the low pressure side of the fuel system can cause this, but how do you check this, and any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Lauriem is offline   Reply With Quote