View Single Post
Old Jul 14th, 2019, 20:02   #5
gelo007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettLady View Post
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can throw some light on a problem I'm having with my XC60 (2015). I had it in a dealership a couple of months ago to have the battery replaced (stop/go system not working) and this now works ok. Whilst in the dealership, they took it upon themselves to do a software update. Since having the software update I have a message which comes on "reduced engine performance" with a turtle next to it. This message never came on in the past and has only started since the update!

Since then, it is sluggish, lacking power and exceleration in the lower gears and seems to 'judder' until you put your foot down. For various reasons, I wasn't happy with the customer service received from the dealership so took it to a local Volvo independant garage. They've cleaned various things out and put a new manifold on which has helped a bit, but it still doesn't drive well (in my opinion), it should be smooth and responsive and it isn't. It also stalls as it needs plenty of gas when in first gear and moving away. The message "reduced engine performance" still comes on sometimes which can't be right? Has anyone had anything similar or can anyone give me any ideas what I should be doing?

Also, when the independant garage did the diagnostic check, it came up with the following message "CEM U030141 Software incompatibility with ECM/PCM - System internal failures - general checksum failure", does anyone know what that means???

I changed to the XC60 last November, I'd had a 2006 XC90 for 5-years and it was fabulous, never missed a beat and was a dream to drive, very costly on tax and fuel so decided to downsize to an XC60 and I'm now starting to feel somewhat disappointed. Any advice, greatly appreciated.

Well, I had exactly the same issue as you. In the mid of May I approached the dealership (the authorized one) in order to fix the oil level gauge (prior to this I didn't knew in 2014 D4 VEA 181ps it will show only MAX, OK or MIN levels). I've been told there was a engine driver updated additionally. Since then I was facing issues with Reduced Engine Performance and Turtle. It was occuring when I was driving ~75 mph or faster. Since mid of May I was coming back to the dealership for further checks to know what is happening with my car. Each time they were telling me that they weren't able to reproduce the issue. Finally - it was 3rd or 4th time I approached them again and told to drive the car for more than 10-20 minutes with that speed. Then they confirmed that the issue occured and I left the car for around 3 days over there. It was not possible to deal with this issue by them locally and they got some tech support from Sweden. After this fix (applied last Monday) the issue has been resolved - the turtle icon didn't shown up again and I did already around 300 km (around 180 miles). Nevertheless, I still have this error UO30141 (and additionally P060C68).
gelo007 is offline   Reply With Quote