View Single Post
Old Sep 1st, 2020, 07:27   #16
domhart10
Volvo S40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFVOLVO View Post
Thankyou both above, for your input..

Will give the MAF sensor a clean with a specific cleaner.

Good shout with VIDA and DICE, as you say i'm working blind atm and shot-gunning sensors that are known to go bad! One thing that would be interesting to know is: will DICE give expected values for sensor readings? I.e Will I be able to diagnose the faulty readings fairly accurately?

Judging with how the car ran straight after cleaning the BPS, I will replace it with a new sensor (have it ready) and see what happens.

Will take a look at the inside of the throttle body too- be interesting to see if i needs a clean.

What kind of age/mileage are people replacing there spark plugs and coils on these engines? This is my first turbo car, so far its been interesting experience!

Have recently fitted New OEM Lower Control Arms , as the old bushes had perished, which has refreshed the handling nicely.
I would say if you havent replaced the coils / splugs I would look at changing those soon as well. These are pretty much a consumable as well, I know some other T5 owners and they change theirs every other year, I have had mine on for about 3 years and both just been changed.

Has the car always felt slow to pickup since you had it?

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to domhart10 For This Useful Post: