View Single Post
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 20:54   #4
Kev0607
Premier Member

There's many different types of shocks for these vehicles, so I'm not sure how you'd fair out buying the correct ones without going to the main dealer & getting a quote off them. VIDA tells you the codes/part numbers for all the struts, but it still didn't tell me which ones were actually fitted to the car. Basically, I know all the part numbers for the several different types of shocks fitted to the V70, just not the part number for the ones I need! After 152,000 miles on my Dad's 57 plate V70, I don't seem to be able to find any part number stickers on the existing shocks, but it has 152,000 miles & they've probably weathered away.

I did get a quote off Volvo and I think it was around £400 for the pair of front shocks & other associated parts like the strut mounts etc. It seemed expensive to me, so I want to shop around. I'd be interested to know how did you get the exact part numbers for the ones fitted to your car & where are you getting the parts from now that you know which ones to get? Aren't Sachs the brand Volvo used anyway?

Last edited by Kev0607; Oct 14th, 2019 at 21:21.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote