Thread: XC70: Electrical - 4C Suspension repeater telltale lights
View Single Post
Old Jun 17th, 2018, 20:16   #9
Tatsfield
Premier Member

A step forward but when you say that a simple connection to the 18, 91 & 20 poles will cause overheating is this with the repeater LEDs or in the switch? If it is the repeaters, would 3 suitable resistors between the three poles and the repeater lines eliminate that problem? If so, any idea what would be a suitable resistor value. If the overheating problem is generated in the switch unit, would the resistors in the repeater lines eliminate that or is the installation a whole lot more complicated? Secondly, when you refer to these three poles, are they pairs or do the returns have to go somewhere else specific?

Sorry to labour these points but I'm trying to construct a "How To" for myself from the advice given so that I can buy the correct components, identify the correct connection points and reduce the job to a simple soldering and assembly procedure. Of course I am only too well aware that fools rush in where wise men fear to go and that when ignorance is bliss 'tis folly to be wise! Although I don't think Shakespeare involved himself with wiring modifications on his Volvo.