View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2015, 19:24   #1
V40IRL

Default im pretty sure ive been done

Hey everyone i think im in a spot of bother, i bought a 02 turbo d v40 last tue. Its a smashing car to drive, first volvo, infact first diesel. Im a petrol head thru and thru but just fancied a real comfy bus thats econimcal anyway really dont know much about diesel engines bar the basics on how they work. So i went and looked at this motor and the guy said that the fins in the turbo went and he had to replace the turbo, well from what i can see it was the air in part that was replaced, again im not really sure but he said it was replaced and the intercooler was cleaned. Anyway did the kind of basic checks and she wasnt smokey, black or blue and she pulls like a train and doesnt stop engine wise she sounded tight and most of all no smoke. I saw oil all over the back of the block and he said thats from when the turbo went and he even gave me the mechanics number to ring, anyway i gave him the benifit of doubt and handed over money a day or two later after another viewing. also i should add that this guy was driving the volvo till his mechanic gave him a honda to drive while the v40 was in the shop, he loved the honda kept the honda bla bla bla but the volvo had no miles put up on it since the turbo was done. So i was driving it home and it was fine no smoke, drove it the next day kind of saw a bit of blue on start up which i thought ah grand. anyway theres a fair bit of blue smoke out of her after a while of driving and especially if i push her in fourth, small bit on tick over but other than that it comes and goes and is a lot or a small amount of blue smoke..... the engine still feels tight and go from third to second let it engine break and she slows down very quickly which makes me think compression is fine. i took the pipe that leads from the top of the intercooler into the inlet and i mean to say its destroyed in oil so im thinking its sucking it in from there, and i also think there is some fresh oil on the back of the block down to the sump and sub frame. its I really dont have a clue whats going on so any advice will go a really long way as im massivly out of pocket and dont know if i can afford to fix anything as major as what i think is wrong! Please Help thanks for reading

Last edited by V40IRL; Aug 14th, 2015 at 19:50.
V40IRL is offline   Reply With Quote