View Single Post
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 16:59   #31
Daleman
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
Only had the D5 for a day but I'm impressed with its overtaking capability. Give me so much more confidence to overtake. Engine noise at idle is louder than I thought it would be, even louder than my trade in Picasso.

Early days yet, I've also got a message which states "Coolant Low". Got this error when moving the car a few yards to let someone out. So I'll have to take a look this morning before heading off to Robin Hood's Bay in about 10 mins.
Don’t worry about the gruff loud D5 Teejay the D3 you are actually getting is a lot smoother and nicer in day to day use. The suspension is also fairly hard probably harder than in your Picasso too .In the windy conditions experienced this weekend you may also experience a fair bit of wind noise as the suction of a strong wind does pull on the big door seals. All in all they are not perfect and certainly my old Merc had a “magic carpet” more sophisticated ride than the XC60 for sure and no wind noise as the door seals were rock solid but you should not be too disappointed with the whole package which is a pretty good effort by Volvo.More I would say an up market Ford Focus than the luxury limousine that many may perceive it as.
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daleman For This Useful Post: