View Single Post
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 15:10   #6
JohnJoeB

Thank you for the replies so far.
I said in error that the recommended mileage for replacement of the DPF is 71,000. It is indeed 75,000 miles.

The previous fleet owner used Volvo dealers for services up to 65,000 miles, but switched to a Ford dealer at the 74,000 mile service, then sent the car to auction.
I checked with the Ford dealer. The service was too cheap to include a DPF filter change. I suppose that it might have failed already inbetween services. More likely, the fleet owners have figured out a crafty way to save money on the last service before disposal. Caveat emptor! Buyers should check the service log to see if the last expensive service was done by a Volvo dealer.

Volvo should provide the replacement DPF with a clearly-visible date stamp so that buyers and garages can tell the age.

My local independent dealer has regenerated blocked DPF filters, but says that sometimes they cannot be regenerated (I guess because of ash build-up). As stated, I will carry on with the existing DPF and replace it when it fails if it cannot be regenerated. I would be interested to hear from any other owners who have followed this policy. What is the maximum DPF life?
JohnJoeB is offline   Reply With Quote