View Single Post
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 12:50   #8
ABC
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris N View Post
Excellent write up! Thank you. I have just purchased the same towbar so this is perfect timing for me to read this thread.
What I wanted to ask though is the Volvo wiring has the "7 pin plug" fitted yet the plate that holds the wiring in place on the Westfalia towar is sealed. How did you manage to fit the plug fitted to the plate without cutting a slit though the backing plate?
Yes - that was a surprise to me espcially since I had already fitted the wiring the week before. I had to remove the wiring and start again. I fed the wiring through the towbar 7 pin socket plate. It was a squeeze and I had to feed the larger of the electric plugs through first without any cable to give enough room to get the plug through side ways on.

So - if that makes sense - basically fit the towbar, them feed wiring loom through plate starting with biggest plug , then into car leaving 7 pin socket as last to come up to the plug.

I did think about cutting the round plate when I realised my mistake ( of having fitted the wiring before the towbar) but decided against it and was glad it worked out ok.
ABC is offline   Reply With Quote