View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2018, 22:17   #12
T5R92011
FCW Auto Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
We currently have a 2012 V60 D2, and a 2013 V60 D4, we've had no issues with either, mind both were purchased with highish miles 106k on the D2, and 123k on the D4, but more importantly both had extensive main dealer service history so we knew they'd been looked after and serviced properly.

Touch wood both run really well, mine is the D4 I definetely prefer the D4 engine, I like the extra power, having said that I've been pleasantly surprised by the D2 its not the quickest, but once up to speed it will cruise fine at 75-80mph.

Economy wise I'm not sure theres a lot in it, both the cars are £30 to tax for the year, and I think they do pretty much the same mpg, the D4 is maybe a little better on a run as its lower rpm at motorway speeds. Reset the trip both and then did similar journeys 2-3 hours motorway journey, D2 averaged 47, D4 average 49, so really theres not much in it.

My partner loves her D2 (mainly as it has every signed option available at the time added to it), but I chose a D4 with less toys over a better spec'd D2 as I wanted the D4 engine.
Do you regret sacrificing toys for engine choice?

I just did that jumping from my S60 SE Lux to my S40 T5 SE...My S40 is pretty bare bones in comparison and sometimes it irritates me when I think about it!