View Single Post
Old Sep 10th, 2017, 16:34   #28
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Job done. Many thanks for everyone's advice.

As I said, PlusGas applied regularly made undoing of the securing nuts very easy. Re-fitted with copper based grease so there shouldn't be any difficulty with those nuts in future.

The white plastic mounting clips that hold the reflectors on three mounting points inside the headlamp really didn't want to survive. Those mounting clips broke during removal and opening up of the headlamps. So a full set of three were needed per new reflector. I guess those new mounting clips are needed most times whoever does the job?

My reflectors came from charltonvolvocentre via eBay at a good price. And each kit included the reflector, full set of metal clips, full set of the white plastic mounting clips and of course the new rubber seal. A good kit at a good price by my looking around at prices.

I did use sealant. Tut tut tut. How else does one keep the rubber seal in place? I used silicone sealant on the headlamp housing side of the rubber seal. So that should not be any problem next time the job is done.

I explained to the new metal clips that they must not fly off while I was trying to fit them. Most of them complied.

I found the headlamp wiper stops are part of the headlamp assembly, serving as additional metal clips. I treated them to some Hammerite before re-fitting them.

There is a technique to doing the job easily.

If anyone knows that technique please tell me! This job is a handful, a headache! In future I want a nice new car and garage maintenance....please!

EDIT: Charlton Volvo Centre
Derek Twemlow
Unit 19 Abercorn Industrial Estate
Paisley
Renfrewshire
PA3 4AY

Good kit. Good price. And they seem to know their stuff re 240s.

Last edited by Stephen Edwin; Sep 10th, 2017 at 16:42.
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote