View Single Post
Old Dec 30th, 2017, 13:45   #60
S60RDesign

My car is another to add to this list. Very surprised to read this is a common fault.

After getting drips on the inside of the screen I called at a dealer yesterday who diagnosed the problem, they were trying to be helpful but their advice was to mark the screen and claim on my insurance. My instincts are that this isn't right, and having looked into my policy it could be a very bad idea as the S60 has the City Safety system:

If your windscreen includes Advanced Driving Assistance Systems (ADAS) which needs to be recalibrated, you’ll have to claim this under the Accidental Damage section of your policy, which will affect your No Claim Discount unless protected. This is because ADAS recalibration isn’t currently available through windscreen repairers

I'm unaware if that would need recalibrating but if it does there could be a big penalty for deliberately damaging the windscreen.

Now where do I take my car for it's repair? The dealer I visited doesn't seem very interested and I had intended using them for all future work. Can anyone positively recommend a dealer in Lincolnshire?
S60RDesign is offline   Reply With Quote