View Single Post
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 05:11   #75
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
Sorry, forgot to quote you yesterday, does injector 3 look bad then? for all I know, that image could mean that only injector 3 is ok lol

The reason I have concentrated on injector 1 only is that before I cleared the error codes when I 1st got Vida (beginning of the year I think it was) there was mention of a code showing for injector 1, i have never seen that code again mind,

I could always try swapping out 3 with one of the replacements off of ebay?
Trial and error becomes expensive after just the one go as its over £24 each time for a new fitting kit, the last kit was near on £30 off of ebay as FRF didn't answer their phones so I assumed they were closed for lockdown.

Its just a major pain that whatever I try, it has to wait until the next morning, when its as cold as the engine will ever get, I wonder if that's a major clue in all of this?
Thing is, if you look at injector #3, it has the biggest correction and yet still the lowest speed.

That suggests to me it's not flowing what it should. I don't want to say "yes that's your misfire and cause of poor starting" as a definitive statement as it may not the problem but it's certainly highly suspect.

In fact, looking at it #3 and #5 both have quite a large addition to the fuel quantity, the other three are all subtractions so it's taking #3 and #5 as the two that can just make idle speed with additions but it has to reduce the fuel into the other three.

Out of those two, i'd be inclined to change #3 and get another screen up and see what improvements have been made, possibly change #5 as well after.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........

Last edited by Laird Scooby; Dec 3rd, 2020 at 05:15.
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: