View Single Post
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 23:05   #18
minesa240x3
loyalty

Hi mike! Just a silly question,but what other cars in your experience used coils on the rear the sort of size volvo ones are.

The reason I ask is that way back when I got my first 240 estate I had a look round the local breakers with a view to finding a heavier vehicle to maybe upgrade the springs from,I couldn't find anything that had similar,even the 7 series I looked at seemed a lot narrower.Hence why I gave up and brought some heavyduty ones.

didn't know they existed until I asked for standard and the salesman came back with the heavy duty ones and offered me them at normal price.They had been on the shelf for a very long time and he wanted rid.I have swapped them to each car I have bought and they still perform excellant.

I also have the rubber towing aids which fit inside the coils and only start working when the load is considerable.ie old heavy caravan,two grown up girls the wife two dogs and an endless supply of female must haves!!

Oh and if you have seen the pictures I posted when fully laden she sits quite well,I am also one of the last people in the world to still use a windslammer.YES it does work when fitted as far back as possible,Towing a square front caravan you could feel it pulling bigtime and once fitted there is no feeling of resistance at all.
Cheers Brian.

Last edited by minesa240x3; Jan 8th, 2008 at 23:09.