View Single Post
Old Feb 6th, 2019, 21:51   #444
Dash300
High Grand Master Member

Smile

My bought new VEA 14.5MY has been faultless quite honestly, with the exception of the EGR issue which was sorted early on FOC. with no issues since on 100% supermarket fuel. TPMS a pointlessly oversensitive annoyance I had disabled. If it could predict an impending blowout, which non can, I might have kept it but was far too temperature sensitive to be of any value at all and continually sent up error messages. ( I hasten to add it was the short lived in tyre pressure sensitive system not the rotational type which was less troublesome) The car has performed superbly during the 90k I have done. I have the Aisin 8 speed auto which is a peach and I tow a considerable amount of the time. I am averaging approx 18k per year and change the g/box oil, as recommended, for towing every second year with a Volvo main dealer for £142 for the last 3 changes. The only thing I miss is the practicality of a dipstick , and the fact that the wipers do not park hidden beneath the trailing edge of the bonnet. Time will tell on the longevity of this engine but it has already out performed it's BMW 5 Series 2.5 predecessor and money pit!
Dash300 is offline   Reply With Quote