View Single Post
Old Feb 25th, 2019, 11:14   #27
Yobbo
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkieuk666 View Post
I have a c70 t5 2006 with a vibration when I accelerate between 40-50 after its warmed in the morning, usually 5 miles at constant 50 plus (I never high rev until it’s warmed up). Then I notice it happening the same time from cold start on my way home. The vibration/hum (which is a new recent one) I feel in the steering wheel. Definitely not balancing as I know what that noise/feel sounds like, I have 18” alloys which honestly doesn’t work with this car. I’m tempted to replace with 17” with bigger tyres.
I have had several items replaced under over the years, tie bars rods etc. It’s a heavy front car so a lot of items that can fail, bloody minefield of hassle.
It started not long after getting it back from the body shop, but my repair including a door replacement was on the passenger side, my new issue seems to come from the drivers side.
Taking it back to see what they think, mechanically they are sound.
PS. I feel your pain. I had issues with an S80 for a coupley of years. Several modules, gearbox sensors, VOLVO experts, all couldn’t diagnose the problem until it turned out to be a wiring loom break with water ingress. Simple rubber seal in the end. That seal cost almost 2k.
I’ll ask them to check the mounts at the gearbox for play.
Your wobbling issue sounds like rear wishbone bushes in all honesty.