View Single Post
Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 11:26   #15
Audrey Old
VOC Member

Precisely my experiences BUT in my case they walked straight past my 240 as if they knew my non-injection 164 was locked in the adjacent garage. They broke the garage door down, smashed their way into the car, broke the steering lock (breaking the wheel in the process) and nicked it.
A contact from the banger-racers association spotted it half-in a barn on a farm so I told the Police, who weren't the least bit interested. They only came out when I said my rugby-player friends with a Transit and trailer would be with me when we reclaim it.
Then, after the farm owners son said he bought it at a pub for £80, I filled in the forms at the Police station, they had the utter gall to ring me up and say "as there was nothing in it for them, no further action". I said I bet I'd be nicked if a stolen bike was found in my garden, but they didn't react. Yet my son was arrested after being falsely accused of having stolen tools in his garage - he is a landscape gardener for heavens sake...... of course he has lots of tools. After 2 months case dismissed...... what a waste of time.
Its about time we got the "big-brother" attitude of the Police quashed nowadays, otherwise we will all continue to dislike some of their attitudes.

Paul
Audrey Old is offline   Reply With Quote