View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2019, 14:14   #87
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredGraham View Post
When it comes to climate control I'm a complete plonker so hopefully someone will be able to help me out. My car is a MY 2006 C70 T5 SE Lux, had about an hours drive this morning. So far the only journey's I've had to make since putting on the A/C & switching to auto have been short. Anyway started the car, blower full blast, temp set to 21 degrees. after 10 or 15 mins blower slowed down, ok there then, I thought. A bit longer into the drive, felt a bit chilly so temp. up to 25 degrees, once warmed up back to 21 degrees. Completed my round trip, traffic surprisingly light this morning, but at no point did the A/C switch off. Is this right or am I not understanding something else about this system?
That's right, it's like switching your fridge on at home, it's on but the compressor switches on and off to maintain the temperature. Your car is certainly new enough to have a variable displacement compressor so you won't notice it switching on and off and even with the older style constant displacement compressor, you may not notice unless you hear the click or clunk from the compressor clutch.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: