View Single Post
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 09:16   #10
faffi
Motorcyclist

Thanks for the useful replies!

I had an appointment for today where the plan was to go for a test drive, where both the mechanic and I would take turns at the wheel. Yesterday, they cancelled in a rather rude manner after I sent them a detailed description on my experienced - which they strongly requested, BTW. After spending a lot of time writing down the issues as clearly and detailed as I could, I got an e-mail that said (in Norwegian) "we have entered the latest upgrade, there are no fault codes, there is nothing more to do." At least it was to the point But I wasn't impressed.

I blew a fuse, which I rarely do, and contacted the seller who said they would issue a meeting with me at a later date after they had absorbed the info I had provided them.

As to the power restriction in 1st gear, that may well be the case - but it was fine for a day or two after the first upgrade and the old 1.6D is always fine.

What really annoys me is that my car is constantly changing the way it acts. It can be smooth as a doddle for 10 miles, then act up like a bastard for the next 2 miles. Also, every one of the three SW releases I've had have been different.

And it isn't just me; I've had others test it - without me on board to influence them - and they all say the same thing; difficult to launc smoothly and erratic running periodically at low rpm and noticeable power delay.

Sorry, long winded again
faffi is offline   Reply With Quote