View Single Post
Old Apr 10th, 2021, 07:48   #10
Malcolm Rouchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripstandem View Post
Leaving HX5. I'm sure the only way is up.
Good luck.
I wish I could get my wife to leave for pastures new.
I just moved back to UK last month after 27 years in South Africa, why?

(1) There is a law going through parliament at the moment to confiscate private property and refusing to pay compensation. My wife and I owned a 2 acre small holding which could be one of the type of properties confiscated by the government. That when the wife and I decided to leave.

(2) Medical bills. Although we had medical aid, it didnt cover all medical expenses. I had a minor stroke and needed a CT scan, that cost me R11,000 or over £500, a visit to the doctor was over R500 or £23, medication cost me over R2000 or over £95 a month, a two week stay in hospital with pneumonia cost me over £1000. All of those costs are after medical aid paid their bit. The above costs may not sound much, but that was a huge lump out of my UK pension. Now I'm back in UK all of my medication is free as is medical treatment.

I paid my dues and served in the military for 20 years before moving to South Africa, I am not a scrounger unlike those crossing the English Channel who have paid nothing into or did anything for this country.

There are problems within this country, but there is nowhere I'd rather be. All we need now are politicians to do what they promised and get rid of idiots like the mayor of London, Sadiq Khan

The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Last edited by Malcolm Rouchy; Apr 10th, 2021 at 08:00.
Malcolm Rouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Malcolm Rouchy For This Useful Post: