View Single Post
Old Jun 21st, 2020, 00:27   #28
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyS9 View Post
What exact point in the journey did you notice it was idling high? LH2.4 keeps the idle high after a cold start until it warms up and you stop after that. Again we don't know the reason for this, I feel it is a bug. I notice it using pulse and glide, but the designer didn't expect the car to be traveling in neutral alot. It is very odd that it stops when you stop.

The O2 sensor control mixture at idle not idle speed. You need more air to increase the idle speed, not more or less fuel.

The missing speed signal combined with WOT the idle goes to about 1800rpm in my experience
High idle noticed when coming to rest for the first time after start up. This probably is nothing to do with Laneys problem. Cold start and drive off before the initial high idle speed had dropped. Onto motorway drive for a few miles the come off and stop at traffic lights. Idle stays high until I switch car off and restart, it's fine then.
Thinking about speedos I did fix a problem on mine by tightening up some of the screws that attach the speedo unit to the circuit board which also form electrical contacts. I have probably posted about it on here but can't remember the details now.

Last edited by Steve940estate; Jun 21st, 2020 at 00:31.
Steve940estate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve940estate For This Useful Post: