Thread: RTI Discs.
View Single Post
Old Oct 18th, 2008, 22:34   #13
Rufe
TRADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscas View Post
Hi Simon,

If I could be so rude and ask an associated question.

I have a 1999/2000 V70R AWD with the RTI CD system as used from September 1999 till Mid 2003 before the DVD system was introduced.

I usually purchase the disks from E-bay, one year getting one from Germany for as little as £10, new and the latest edition. Last year I paid £45 and that again was from Germany, June 2007 edition.

I have not seen any June 2008 edition disks on E bay recently, do you know if Volvo still support this system? I had assumed they did as they were selling it up untill 2005/2006 in the first generation C70.

Also is it possible to enable the RTI function?

And a shot is the dark here, but it is at all possible to modify the existing syestem to have post code rechognition?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance

Patrick
Hi Patrick

the only thing i can really say to you is that after looking at the info on the volvo website it tells me the Cd-Rom system was last updated in January 2007 for cars up to 1999. For 2000 (up to 2005 for the C70) models it was last updated in June 2006. This suggests that they may not be supporting this system for much longer if they are not being updated so often as the DVD version. Allthough i have no information as to why this is in my eyes the reason for this could be down to the fact they are simply not selling them, as there are so many illegal copies they may not see the true demand for them perhaps. Saying this they are still available, whether or not there is going to be a new update released i simply dont have that info sorry mate.

Simon

<<< FOR ALL ENQUIRIES PHONE: 01792 790066 / 01792 784272 >>>
* YOU MUST QUOTE 'C3' WHEN CALLING FOR OUR BEST PRICES! (weekdays 9am to 5pm) *
Rufe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rufe For This Useful Post: