View Single Post
Old Apr 25th, 2014, 14:16   #18
egor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC850 View Post
Hi egor,
I apologise if you felt I was gunning for you. If I where you I would double check the software upgrade, as this is not a requirement in most EU countries and your upgrade may be unsuitable for the UK. (have a good read of the EU Directive)
Regards
Dave...
No worries Dave, no offense taken as none was implied :-)

There is a bit of confusion to some in the UK as we have gone from a positive visual or audible indication that our indicators are working correctly to a passive system that only tells you if there is a problem. I know that at a minimum Volvo, Ford and VAG (Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT and Skoda) have gone over to this passive way of letting the driver know that there is a problem with the lights.(if you look on other manufacturers and general caravan forums it's spoken about quite a bit) I did have a hard copy of the directive buy I have put it somewhere safe!! so I cant put my hands on it at the moment but paraphrasing from memory. The driver needs to be told audibly or visually that everything is OK, but it did not say how. Therefor either system will work as they both let you know if there is a problem.

I needed the software update as I had a new TCM fitted as part of the wiring upgrade and it would not work without the software.

As I previously said I am not saying I think its the best idea, but it is legal.

Cheers

Gregor
egor is offline   Reply With Quote