View Single Post
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 22:08   #5
Paula

Smile Hi Chris

Evening Chris,

Sorry I have just signed on.

I am based in Weybridge, Surrey.

The shell is in great shape and has never been in any accident so the sills and underbody are first class.

The car was the local Volvo dealers demonstrator in 1989 and was sold to one of their customer's.

He and his daughter were the only owners before me and the dealer continued to service it for them. Money was no problem for these people and all the dealer's service invoices are still available.

After it's purchase by me in 2001, the car was serviced for 6 years by my Volvo trained mechanic on a regular basis.

The transmission has fully synthetic oil in it with Amsoil. ( my favourite oil )

Before I sold the car to David, it was fully serviced and MOT'd.

I also had a new rear silencer fitted, and the brakes overhauled.

It passed it's MOT with flying colours in May 2007 and has been standing since August 2007 when he wrecked the engine, silly man.

The car is pushed regularly so the brakes have not rusted up.

The interior is also in first class condition with it's cloth seats and interior plastics in 100% shape.

All the electric works too and oh yes, it has a new battery.

If I win the lottery, I would put a new engine and radiator in her and do another 100K.

I really miss driving Trundle 2 ( my nickname for the car ) but David and I want to see her in good hands with a sensible Volvo 340 enthusiast.

Finally, I have been polishing her every 2 months since David bought it from me.

Look forward to your reply.

Take care

Paula

PS. As long as the car goes to someone who will put her back on the road, then David does not want a fortune for her..... Please PM me and we can discuss this.

PPS. It has 2 large Pioneer speakers in the rear that cost me a small fortune and the front speakers were upgraded too. I miss playing Culture Club etc when I go clubbing in London and shaking the car's sides ...........LOL !! Another reason why I loved the car, you could leave it anywhere and jealous people with their coins would leave her alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_C View Post
Where abouts in Surrey are you, and do you have any idea how many pennies we'd be talking? I shouldn't even be thinking about this, but if that shell really is as clean as it looks...

Last edited by Paula; Oct 13th, 2008 at 22:27.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote