View Single Post
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 09:05   #29
Waggatron

As much as I love my Volvo (and the brand) they could learn a lot from companies like Apple when it comes to product launches. When MY19 was “launched” on Monday you’d have thought a coordinated approach with brochure, configurator etc all going live at the same time would not be difficult.

I’m also on an XC40 forum (might be an option if space is adequate) and on the day of the official release (tonight) there are tales of First Edition orders now being closed in some parts of the country and later orders not getting full First Edition spec due to various reasons. Kind of spoils the big day when the first questions asked at launch is “am I getting what I thought I’d ordered?” or “yes, now I’ve seen it in the flesh I’ll have one.....sorry sir, First Edition sold out”. Will also be interesting to see if full XC40 configurator goes live tomorrow. I’m not holding my breath!

After 8 years of Volvo ownership I always find it amazing that the most uptodate information can be had through this forum/community....and it’s usually days/weeks ahead of the dealer network.
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote