Thread: Amazon: - Critique my Suspension set-up
View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2020, 11:31   #12
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

The +25mm gravel springs are firm at the front and slightly soft at the rear to help with drive. They are still firm but with the long travel give a good ride and soak up even the roughest bumps.
Body roll is reduced from original, some of the rally drivers remove the ARB as with tight cornering the ARB gives some wheel lift = less grip
At 120+ MPH I can not say I have ever felt the car to be unstable with these springs, with worn out original springs yes. With narrow high sidewall tyres it will always feel a little sloppy.

Some the problem you were having with the front lifting would have been down to springs and dampers allowing the car to lift (float in the air) as the air speed increased under the car. Another way to combat this is to go lower at the front that the rear, that will make the air push the car down rather than lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
Classicswede: I will contact you for the soft poly bushes, thanks. My only experience of the normal front anti roll bar and no rear anti roll bar was my previous car which was decidedly light at the front at high speeds to the point where I didn’t really feel safe. My present car is exactly the same set up as that except with the thicker anti roll bar and as I said that suffers from no lift or wobble. This is completely unscientific it’s just my two bits of experience.

I like the idea of the adjustable gas shocks but will have to think if the expense justifies this flexibility. Knowing me, I’ll set them at a particular point and then never change this, ever.

Do the +25mm gravel give any more lurch when cornering, since the car sits higher?

Thanks.

Tom
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote