View Single Post
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 15:57   #6
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoW151 View Post
Thanks all, any ideas on reliable VIDA software sellers? I have a laptop I can run it on already.
There aren't any as such as the VIDA we owners use is cracked, pirated software.... however Volvo would appear to tolerate that, having made little to no attempt to block it.

As the last release of VIDA was in 2015 (version 2014d), it generally needs an older, now unsupported, operating system such as Windows 7 and hence most distribution is now as a VMWare virtual machine.

That standard Volvo practice is to reset the adaptations after a fluid change, especially if the fluid was very dirty as the gearbox will adapt more quickly, but it isn't essential as it will get there in the end. It's also best practice to reset the counter but has no impact, it is just a counter and does not change the gearbox performance.

EDIT: Just read the VIDA procedure for my 2011MY XC90 and it no longer states that you must reset the adaptations when changing fluid, and does say reset the fluid counter "to avoid DTC's to be stored in error...."
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135

Last edited by Tannaton; Mar 21st, 2024 at 16:15.
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote