View Single Post
Old Jan 10th, 2019, 14:02   #2
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Feel Old View Post
What happened to buying and car and all that had to be done was enjoy driving it?

Many of the answers to many queries have been found (although not always easily) in the manual. Some are not apparently readily available.

On 3 occasions I have had a largish square appear in the HUD with a red car (viewed from from front or rear) and the brakes being momentarily applied. I have concluded the car has detected an oncoming vehicle and determined it to be a threat.

Does the red car indicate a Bliss Oncoming Mitigation, or City Safety collision avoidance? Maybe they both give the same warning?

Is the sensitivity adjustable?

Regarding the tailgate sensor; we have had the car 3 weeks now and from the beginning was surprised at the usefulness of this function. Unfortunately it now opens to about 1 in 15 waves of the leg. Dropping in at a dealer whilst away proved the service employee to have similar trouble. Unfortunately he was unable to advise how to make it more reliable, claiming they were all temperamental.

Any tips, please?
Buy an old car that doesn’t have tons of technical gumph on it and enjoy it for what it is.... a car
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Thong For This Useful Post: