View Single Post
Old Jul 17th, 2022, 22:41   #6
hughjass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballdave View Post
If your cable is J2534-2 (that can communicate with both CAN buses), then it should work with VIDA, providing you have decent up to date drivers for the cable.

If your cable is the older J2534 or J2534-1 then it can only communicate with a single CAN bus, and will not be suitable for these cars.

The main benefit of VIDA is that each fault code can be looked up, and it gives more accurate descriptions of the possible causes of the failure. Whereas with a generic code reader, you only get the generic description, and it's harder to determine whether there is likely to be one common cause.

However given that most of your communication faults appear to be on the HS CAN bus, I'd start by checking that one out. Remove the car battery, and measure the resistance between the pins of the CAN bus, you should read about 60 ohms if you read 120 ohms, then there is likely to be a break in the wiring somewhere. It's also worth tapping the connectors, and flexing the wiring loom while you make this measurement to see if there are any loose connections.

I get 60ohms from the obd port at 6,14.

I read another post about checking the voltages from these to the two grounds. My multimeter doesn't quite fit in the obd port so I had to wedge something in and I can't seem to get a reading or all 4 combinations are 0v. The ports 6,14 are tight, but 4,5 are looser and my metal wedge doesn't seem to be making contact as it can move around. If that makes any sense.
hughjass is offline   Reply With Quote