View Single Post
Old Dec 2nd, 2018, 20:59   #4
mbrain

My D4 VEA 2014 XC60 would stall occasionally when it was around 1/4 water temperature. Never at any other other temperature. It was like it was over or under-fuelling when setting off. No fault codes were stalled.

After a couple of unsuccessful dealer visits (it is under Volvo Selekt), I did some investigation myself. The car has had 4 services, all by Volvo, and was last serviced on sale to me by Marshall's of Peterborough.

I checked the service history and rang the Basingstoke dealer who serviced it the first 3 times. Apparently, the fuel filter should be changed every even service - 2nd/4th/6th etc. When I asked Marshall's what they changed at the 4th service they said the fuel filter wasn't changed - no idea why as it is part of the schedule. But they are very poor overall.

I then contacted Volvo Uk (who have been excellent), and they got my local dealer in Solihull to change the fuel filter FOC. This was 9000 miles later than it should have been. It's been 23 days since it was changed, and the stalling hasn't re-appeared. If it is ok into the new year, I will assume it is now fixed....

Only time will tell
mbrain is offline   Reply With Quote