Thread: Spare Tyre Poll
View Single Post
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 12:18   #20
jimbg
Master Member

Had a response from an email to Volvo :-

Thank you for your e-mail.

I can confirm that Volvo Car Corporation have taken the decision to delete the tempa spare wheel option from all carlines. This will apply for all vehicles manufactured from week 27 2011 (4th July).

Due to a number of reasons, the major tyre manufacturers are finding it increasingly difficult to source raw materials for production. Global vehicle sales are increasing after a number of lean years and demand remains strong from growing markets. The supply of rubber has not kept pace with demand and in addition, flooding in parts of south-east Asia has resulted in damaged crops and rubber plantations have yet to recover to full output levels. By taking this action on the tempa spare wheel, we hope to be able to protect supply of full-size tyres for the factory production line and aftermarket business.

I'm very sorry you are unhappy with this decision and I will of course note your point of view. I would however like to point out that we believe that this situation is not unique to Volvo and we expect that other manufacturers will need to follow suit shortly. Rest assured that all vehicles will be supplied with a tyre sealant kit and 1 years free Volvo assistance breakdown cover.

At this time, this is a permanent change and there are no indications when or even if this decision will be reversed. I am sorry I could not respond more positively however I hope I have explained the reasons for this decision.

Jo Howard
Customer Support Manager
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote