View Single Post
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 12:26   #97
paddy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissXC90 View Post
Which is about 10% of the dealer price

As with anything sold on eBay for 10% of new price, it won’t be original branded items. It will be a cheap copy.

Just an FYI for any readers out there..... know what you are buying before you buy it.... and thus accept the impact it has on the world economy.
Actually I didn't wanted to get into the discussion about economy, as there are other sides to it as well. But how about over priced items? As you can see with medical products, monopolism is a b***h, and it is costing us a lot of money and even lives. Maybe regulation would be good here? If the price for this navigation software wouldn't be that outrages, a lot of people would buy it from Volvo/Navteq. Overpriced items are just as bad for the economy, as stolen goods.

But, what I really wanted to say: before you buy a copy from ebay, get it as (illegal) download for free. Doesn't change anything on your side. Here and there you are using an illegal copy of a software and you are responsible for that, no matter if you paid for it or not. So why pushing any "chinese" sellers in giving them money for an illegal item? If you are doing it wrong, than at least do it right within the wrong doing.
The Following User Says Thank You to paddy74 For This Useful Post: