View Single Post
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 11:38   #4
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Thats a bummer, looking for boost leak is PITA, went trough it myself :/
If you have a chance to do smoke test - go for it, I would do it first thing but couldnt find garage with that equipment.
Regardless, few ideas from me:
- do you have vida? there is some parameters you can show on screen and drive when recording them, I usually check TCV duty cycle and boost with some other parameters to check it that operates correctly. Basically there is "commanded boost" vs actual boost ratio and it kinda shows you if the car wants to boost fully but you have physical leak or it just simply doesnt allow boost to build up. If for example your IC is clogged and intake temp is dangerously high, ECU will throttle the boost to prevent damaging engine etc.
- I had a case of damaged valves on vacuum lines - the one-way valve and venturi valve were not working correctly, had a post about it few months ago. It shouldnt affect boost as much as in your case, but worth checking
- wastegate may not close properly (spring issue, seized or whatnot) and that would also explain the odd noises you hear.
not sure what else to recommend, would be really good to pinpoint the issue to either electronical or pure mechanical...