View Single Post
Old Mar 21st, 2018, 21:34   #38
Peter Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw View Post
How is fuel consumption fairing over that distance? any faults or gripes / grumbles? and perhaps more importantly if you were choosing again would you do the same again?

My Audi is now on 6600 miles, has averaged just over 28mpg per OBC in that time (mainly good long journeys), hasnt had any faults that have required visit to dealer, it does occasionally have a clanging brake pedal (known issue with no solution yet and mine is very very occasionally), and only gripe is I can open all of the windows if I sit down with the key in my pocket with tight jeans on!!
My trousers aren't that tight!

In all seriousness - overall I think it's a really nice car - probably the best car I've ever owned. If I was buying again I would go for a higher spec as I miss keyless entry (although car will start with key in pocket), memory mirrors for parking and VOC. I ordered the car from the first UK delivery and there was no discounting so I'm paying quite a lot when others have higher spec cars for less - but as I've said before that's the price for early adoption. Hopefully I'll be able to get a T8 next time.

There's been a few software problems - one requiring dealer input. The exhaust heat shield appears to be rattling but I'm sure that can be sorted otherwise all ok. Given its on standard suspension etc the ride is very good and I enjoy how comfortable it is. Seats are fantastic - even in our standard trim.

Overall we're averaging around 26-28mpg hitting the higher numbers over a weekend where we might drive longer distances.

Still enjoying owning a car that nobody else seems to have. Still in single digits for sightings of others and that's living in London.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter Lee For This Useful Post: