Thread: Engine: 70: - 2003 (53) XC70 ECU Remap question
View Single Post
Old Jul 22nd, 2018, 16:15   #7
cat5326

Well, some time later is here now. I have used the car as normal and generally, cannot notice too much difference. Indeed, my style of driving has not changed as a result so I question if I should notice a difference? In some respects I feel a tad disappointed, but I wanted to experiment and it was a darn sight cheaper than selling the car just to buy a 185 bhp or post 08 reg version.
I think the words I would used to describe it is, 'it feels a little more brisk, especially from rest'
I towed my caravan (twin axle about 1500kg all up) and it was great. From rest it pulled well (but then it did so before). It cruised well at around 60-66 up and down the motorway and dual carriageways (as it did before) and again, I can't say I noticed too much difference. It just felt 'easy'.
My only negative is coming up the hill at Birdlip and the temperature gauge increases slightly and my wife finds this a little scary as previous BMW's never moved. I've done a coolant, thermostat and gearbox oil change, so c'est la vie, as they say.
cat5326 is offline   Reply With Quote