View Single Post
Old Dec 7th, 2020, 07:48   #8
Yelper85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk View Post
I've recently bought a 16 model D4 with an auto and I tried out the LKA just today on the motorway by following another car with ACC and letting go of the steering wheel. It would let the car to get to the edge of the lane and would steer it back but wouldn't keep it dead straight between the lanes like some others cars do. As I far as I can tell this system is an older one and just assists you in keeping the car between lanes, it's not designed to do it by itself and keep it dead straight. Oh and btw the lane was dotted
Yeah I need to try it on a motorway to really prove it's not working, but my gut says something isn't correct, especially as everybody else here including yourself says the line was dotted/broken.

I'd love to know the logic behind these systems as the number of scenarios are immense.

Out of interest, does your LKA work just as well on B roads and country lanes or does it only really work on A roads and motorways etc where the lines are guaranteed to be there and good quality?

20 plate XC60 Inscription Pro T8 PHEV + Polestar
Yelper85 is offline   Reply With Quote