View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 12:50   #4
Brimfull
V50 R-Design SE T5 baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric19371 View Post
I thought I would give the old V50 a much overdue clean at the weekend and I have been unable to remove some marks left on the paintwork by leaves/seeds from trees that I have to park under. The car was given a decent wash with a snow foam pre-wash and a full hand wash but they won’t shift. I even gave it a going over with a clay bar but that did nothing to the marks (although it is lovely and smooth everywhere else now). Any ideas?
You need a simple foam applicator, a clean microfibre towel and either Autoglym paint renovator or Meguairs Ultimate compound.

Put a pea size amount of product on the foam applicator and rub over the damaged area until the product becomes hazy.

Use the microfibre towel to remove the residue and the marks should be gone.

To help future prof apply a good quality wax to the car and remove any bird droppings/ tree sap etc as soon as you can. Leave it in situ and this will cause the damage to your clear coat that you now have.

A bottle of rapid-detailer and a microfibre cloth kept in the boot is handy to remove bird droppings etc as soon as it happens.

V50 T5 R-Design SE

Last edited by Brimfull; Oct 19th, 2020 at 12:56.
Brimfull is offline   Reply With Quote