View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2013, 16:37   #1
mikepday

Default Disabling warning chimes????.

Any ideas anyone?

I have recently moved to the Middle East, and am in the process of acquiring an XC90 (second hand). I went for a spin in a friends car to see if I wanted the 6 cyl or the 5.
As we cruised around we got a high speed chime every time we exceeded 120 KPH, which I believe to be a country specific installed option ( via Vehicle Country Code?!?) my current Jeep Cherokee runaround also has a similar thing which drives me insane on the highways ( speed limited to 140 KPH before I get a sermon from anyone about speeding) which I know can be deprogrammed by the Jeep dealer.
Not a problem in his XC90 I thought, I'll get my Dice and program it out for him, and subsequently my own future purchase shortly.

Well after a long while searching around I can't find how it's done.
I Have found the list of customer programmable options on which it does not appear and also a "high speed warning chime" CSC test function you can add to the selected CSC list when testing for DTCs...... But No disable function!

Am I missing something, have Volvo hard wired this into the CEM/CCM for the car?

Could anyone tell me where ( in words of one syllable) to find the relevant function? ( and also if possible the seatbelt chime too! Although I could never find that one on my old V70 either!)

Hoping you can help a frustrated member!

Mike.

Ex V70,XC90, XC70
mikepday is offline   Reply With Quote