Thread: S40 (New) Electrics : - [S40] Help with SRS Airbag/Electronics
View Single Post
Old Jan 13th, 2021, 14:28   #1
adeeb458

Default [S40] Help with SRS Airbag/Electronics

Hello Volvo Owners Club,

A friend and I bought a 2005 S40 as a little project a few months back. One of the issues with the car was the SRS/Airbag light and warning on the dashboard.

We scanned the codes using a Delphi and also Volvo Dice and both reported the following codes:

SRS-0003 - PAD/ PAE Lamp Faulty Function
SRS-00A5 - Inflatable Curtain Rear Left. Resistance Too Low
SRS-00A9 - Inflatable Curtain Rear Right. Signal Too Low
SRS-00AB - Inflatable Curtain Rear Right. Capacitance Too Low

We tried replacing the SRS module in the centre console with a spare module that came with the car (previous owner probably tried to fix the issue) and after clearing the codes, the SRS 0003 is still showing up along with the dashboard warning message.

I understand the code is for the LED light in the overhead centrepiece and corresponds to the passenger airbag switched off LED light, however, as far as I can tell, this car doesn't have the option to disable the passenger airbag and from what I've read, it was an optional extra for certain markets unlike the later model years.

The circuit for the passenger airbag switch is there and we tried jumping it, but the code still persists, so we're kinda stuck now and not sure what else do to solve the problem.

Any help/suggestions from this awesome community would be great and very much appreciated!
adeeb458 is offline   Reply With Quote