View Single Post
Old Feb 19th, 2019, 14:47   #24
Yobbo
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
Yea.... no....

as rxtian said - you simply CANT leave shutter up all the time. Its equal to driving with full beam. Shutter on bixenon goes DOWN when electromagnet is activated with high-beams, releasing the full beam pattern

The type of bulb in this case makes no difference - Halogen, xenon, LED - its only a light-generating source, its the shutter that makes correct low-beam cutoff.
Also - why would you want to wire them to parking lights???

I get your point with D2S availability, but I seriously hope now it will work for you. Its proven by a lot of people that LEDs are really hard to match to achieve decent results and you may end up with light pattern scattered everywhere. THen you will have no other option than a) go full HID, b) revert back to oem projectors. And you really dont want to juggle them too often.

Fingers crossed for your mod, I will be very interested to see results so make sire u do some pics please.
btw - can you show link to LED bulbs you choose? just out of interest
All points taken on board,

Obviously no one with any sense would want to blind oncoming traffic!

I initially got my orientation wrong regarding the shutter, duhh.
So again, I was thinking about being able to have the effect of diffusion, the standard projectors have no cut-off shutter so you get that little bit more of a scatter on the fringes of the beam which is something I like and
in wiring the shutter to the side lights the shutter will always be UP.
You would however have toy with your low-beam alignment (getting it low enough not to blind other drivers) but I hope it could be done.

Link to D2S bulbs - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs...56d64c4dBgWJ2W