Thread: V70 Body/Trim: - Tailgate wont open
View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 22:53   #58
Patdelamare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan W View Post
IMHO the mechanism is not overshooting , but jamming in the fully out position due to wear between the motor pinion and the worm drive or their centres being too far apart which in my case was fixed by packing up the motor. See posts #52 and #54 above.
I have removed the motor serviced it and replaced it. I then checked the opening and closing of the mecanism all works fine with no over run or jamming.

Replaced the complete lock checked it's operation all fine !! Door failed to open again removed lock again and used the cable tie to reduce the travel from the piston. The lock was reinstalled checked again and facia replaced.

Locked worked for many tries then left it a day or so then tried the lock, it failed to open.

The loom is fine, the lock operates and now stops early with the aid of the cable tie stoping it from over extending.

However tomorrow I will be removing the lock again in the hope of finding the problem.

You have I see placed a slim item under the motor I understand you have done this to ensure good tight interface between the two geared heads.

I do not have a problem with these gear heads they fit tightly together with no micro movement between them. So if I was to insert a pice of plastic under the motor I would place the motor and it's gear head under unnessarry strain. The end result would be a new motor.

Thanks for you input but I will not work on this problem.

Thanks

Pat
Patdelamare is offline   Reply With Quote