View Single Post
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 12:58   #1
Laney760
VOC Member

Smile Hot start / warm start / restart issues again!

Hi Guys

Having had a starting issue not that long ago, about 18 months ago, and put a lot of new parts on the car, since the weather started getting a bit warmer a couple of weeks ago I have a hot starting problem again.

Cold starts I have to push the throttle to the floor and then hold it about 3/4 ways down and then 'catch' her when she fires, this worked well all winter for every start until the weather started warming up. Now restarting after stopping can be a problem. When she won't hot start I just have to sit and wait about 10 mins and then I can normally get her to fire but this is not a great situation to be in sometimes!

The only part I am aware that I haven't renewed is the lamba probe, she last had one of those in c 2015, about 50,000 ago. The throttle body is regularly cleaned and she she is regularly serviced. Its not that long ago since I chucked a bottle of meths in the tank.

Would somebody be kind enough to supply or link to a work through part by part, step by step to eliminate hot starting issues please?

Many thanks

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laney760 For This Useful Post: