View Single Post
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 13:36   #2
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney760 View Post
Hi Guys

Having had a starting issue not that long ago, about 18 months ago, and put a lot of new parts on the car, since the weather started getting a bit warmer a couple of weeks ago I have a hot starting problem again.

Cold starts I have to push the throttle to the floor and then hold it about 3/4 ways down and then 'catch' her when she fires, this worked well all winter for every start until the weather started warming up. Now restarting after stopping can be a problem. When she won't hot start I just have to sit and wait about 10 mins and then I can normally get her to fire but this is not a great situation to be in sometimes!

The only part I am aware that I haven't renewed is the lamba probe, she last had one of those in c 2015, about 50,000 ago. The throttle body is regularly cleaned and she she is regularly serviced. Its not that long ago since I chucked a bottle of meths in the tank.

Would somebody be kind enough to supply or link to a work through part by part, step by step to eliminate hot starting issues please?

Many thanks
First thing i'd try is switching it to petrol about 5 minutes before you plan to switch the engine off Ellie. The reasoning behind this is that there may be a leaky LPG injector so this would give it time to (hopefully) burn off that excess LPG that's leaking past once the LPG system has switched off. If that improves things, then you know you need to concentrate on the LPG injectors perhaps needing renewal, cleaning or similar.

If it makes no difference, it's likely it's a petrol injector leaking. However, don't discount the possibility of the CTS (Coolant Temperature Sensor) causing rich running overall and excessively rich mixture on start up but that said, there could also be an air leak between the MAF and throttle body although that will normally give other problems like flat spots etc.

Out of interest, how long have the LPG injectors been on the car?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: