View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2019, 01:53   #18
hitechtherealone

Default S40 Customer Same Issue - Great post and photos!

Im usually a mercedes man but the last 12 months had a lot of volvo customers coming to me. I just recently invested in a vida as the volvos are getting quite popular over my way now it seems. Its the old ECM-2002 Particulate Trap Faulty Signal. Going into limp mode more often than not with the "Engine System Service Required". Ive not really looked at it properly. i done some road tests with fresh diagnostic scans clearing each time and the ECM-2002 is the one kicking it into limp mode. I got a decent price on DPF sensor so ordered it. I will actually check the pipes and hoses aswell because by the sounds of it this could very well be the problem. This is a known common problem on mercedes cars aswell. DPF is ok but the sensor gets clogged up and kicks out wrong faulty signals. Puting in low grade oil and extended periods between services being the major factor. This car is a 10 plate and has not been serviced regularly or properly but I will sort all those things out good and proper for the customer. My question is regarding this additive module. Im not too experienced with them on the volvos. There are no error codes regarding , addidtive tank low or anything to do with the tank. I have a question. Do I get the DPF liquid re-gen kit aswell and go thru the motions of filling it up when I check the pipes/hoses and then do the DPF regen or since there are no codes coming up indicating any problem with additive tank or it being low or empty do I skip attempting to fill it up ? Great pictures in here btw. Very informative. Thanks to the guys taking the time to post them in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilBo View Post
Hi,
Just as a quick update. I checked the car this morning and found quite a big hole in one of the hoses going to the pressure sensor. I've taped it up for now and that seems to have solveed the problem temporarily.

I will upload some pictures as soon as I can work out how to do it, and will give further updates as to whether it really has solved the problem.

Cheers,

Wil

Last edited by hitechtherealone; Feb 20th, 2019 at 01:55.
hitechtherealone is offline   Reply With Quote