View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2020, 18:14   #37
bluebrickrick

Thanks Dave

Mirror not usually a problem as a dentist type on a telescopic shaft normally lives in the toolbox in the car, I've used it somewhere and not returned it but I have another in the workshop for when I go back.

The whole assembly looks as if it was fitted using those screws where the heads wring off at a particular torque, I guess it's a security thing, presume you drill the remains out although I was going to grind through the bracket so I can do it under the drill press, saves making a boo boo when it comes to the one on the car - it's those concealed plastic fixings which drive me nuts, one of the thinks I've taken from the donor is the tailgate, mine has some nasty dinges in the skin and the inner liner flaps about as so many of the poppers have been trashed (luckily the same colour)

Your warning of Volvo's Heinz 57 approach to the actual switch noted and appreciated - as is the spare if the right one.

Just back from a regular diabolic check up at the N&N, just the white stuff missing from it being Beast from the East weather ! It'll need to be a bit better before I go back to the farm for t he next bit of butchery !

Ironically, I had no pain at or near the break (median malleolus) but lots in the outer joint, I thought it was a soft tissue problem right up to the point that I saw the Rickogram showing a big chunk displaced by about 10mm and rotated by about 10 degrees, the radiographer couldn't believe I'd walked in on it and promptly banned me from driving. It has certainly cramped my style, thankfully a good mate trailered the tractor over from it's usual home (I've found it was built the same week I was born) so it has been do a bit, sit and read a bit, I've managed most things slowly but so far anything needing a ladder has had to take back seat

Let you know how I get on with the switch
bluebrickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluebrickrick For This Useful Post: